Hello, I'm Lindsay and I am a qualified, BACP accredited counsellor who works with adult individuals of all ages. I am passionate about the work I do and regard it as a real honour and a privilege to work alongside my clients as they improve their sense of themselves, their relationships and make peace with issues that may have been a lifelong problem. I find it can be helpful to explore stories and themes from a client's past as this often unlocks understanding of certain patterns of behaviour or relationships that are causing the client difficulty in the present. We can then work together to find a way forward that suits you better.
Alongside my private practice I worked as a counsellor for a national cancer charity in a hospital setting for 6 years. In this role I worked with a highly diverse client group experiencing a wide range of difficulties from needing emotional support through cancer treatment to bereavement and terminal diagnosis. In my hospital role I offered mindfulness workshops for patients and staff and co-facilitated a longer in person mindfulness course. I also taught courses designed to help clinical staff with communication challenges.
As part of my counselling training I volunteered at a local hospice working in their family support team with bereaved clients.
I also work part-time as a primary school teacher where my focus is on teaching wellbeing. I facilitate a children's wellbeing council in a local school and we run workshops for the other children. I have written content for a wellbeing curriculum. During the pandemic I offered a weekly online support and wellbeing sessions for staff. I have also run an in person a self-care workshop for a local WI group.
Improving self-care and wellbeing runs through everything I now do. I have a personal interest in mindfulness and have found it very helpful in my own life as well as in client work.
- BACP Accredited member
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- CPCAB Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education
- BA Hons English, German and Psychology
- I hold full professional indemnity insurance.
- I am registered with the ICO (Information Commissioners Office) conforming to the Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations)
Continual Professional Development Courses
- How to help your clients manage overwhelm, Online Events
- Recharge: Journalling for nurture and self care, Online Events
- Mindful Self Compassion, Macmillan professionals online 6 week course
- Introduction to Walking Therapy
- Moving Your Practice Online, The Online Therapy Institute (short course)
- Going Online in Times of Crisis, Open University
- Using Drawing Pictures and Fairy Tales in Counselling, Deep Release
- ACT 100 Key Points and Techniques,
- Working Creatively with the Inner Child in Counselling, Deep Release
- Attachment Behaviour in the Counselling Room, Deep Release
- Supporting People Bereaved by Covid, 8 week course, Online Events
- A Day on Behaviour Change, The Weekend University, University of Greenwich
- Attachment & Psychotherapy, The Weekend University, University of London
- End of Life Care Conference, St Luke's Hospice
- Trauma, the brain and recovery, Mind Body Breakthrough
- Mindful Compassion 8 week course, Macmillan Counselling
- De-Mystifying Mindfulness by Leiden University, Coursera, online.
- BACP Private Practice Conference. Loss: what does life mean for me now?
- Introduction to Art Therapy Workshop, St Francis Hospice
- Bereavement Service Volunteer Training, St Francis Hospice